Monday, August 30, 2021

The First Day of School 2021-2022

 Our first day was August 23, 2021.

We are starting our second year of homeschool and are excited to dig into all of the things I have planned for this year! The kids were looking over my shoulder when I was planning and often asking to read the books or do the activities. It made me happy that they are excited, then they have so many things to look forward to. We have good books to read, countries to learn about, recipes to try, times in ancient history to visit, and so many more fun things to learn!

Riley is starting 4th grade, August is starting 1st grade, and Nora is in preschool.

Every year we pick flowers on the first day of school. Riley started it because she liked to take her teachers flowers but now we just enjoy them on the table!



 

I planned our geography to include fun picture books for Nora each week as well as some recipes! The first week was understanding what a map is, how it is used, and where we are on the map. We are starting in the continent of North America and the country of Canada.  We had fun learning about Canada and the kids are now asking to have poutine again

This was a really fun book to kick off the year of learning about new places!

Then we just had to make an apple pie!

The kids picked the apples and helped to make the crust.

I rolled the crust and sliced the apples




 

Nora made these cute drawings on the first day while I was helping the other kids with math!

Nora made a bird coming out of an egg

Nora made a dinosaur because we are still finishing prehistory

August made his dinosaur colorful and we both laughed about it!

1 comment:

  1. Looks so fun!! I'm excited to hear about all your learning adventures this year!! And I just added that book to my next checkout list to get from the library! :)

    ReplyDelete