Friday, April 13, 2018

Spring and Everything Else

I am going to have to play catch up in this post so there are going to be pictures of Riley and I building a snowman, valentines, Easter and other pictures that I just liked. Sorry if that is confusing. I have been using my nap time breaks for other things and haven't done any work on the blog. 

I have been doing a whole house de-clutter over the course of the last year and just kicked it up a notch to get it done faster. No closet, room, shelf or dark corner has been able to hide from me! I have sold things on facebook, something I never thought I would do. I have been donating, throwing things away and using the good old standby of placing it on the curb and seeing how long it takes to disappear(I am sure the neighbors have been enjoying the view). I am getting really close to where I feel like I have the things that I need and love but not in such excess that I am being controlled by them. I was spending a lot of time organizing because I like a tidy home.  Now there will be less to label, categorize and to store in a tote. Keenan has helped out too by going through his clothing and sorting out our tools. On to more important things, now I will have more time for the people I love. Here are some pictures of said people!

They are so cute sometimes it is too much! I love these kids, I want them to take care of each other and give something positive to the world.  I want to be a good example for them and to know that they are loved. Parenting is challenging and rewarding. I feel like I am always growing as a person in this job and I love it.





    I was actually taking pictures of things to sell here on the bed and Riley wanted her picture taken too, turned out pretty cute. Punky really just wanted to nap and to sit on whatever I am taking a picture of.

 Valentines 2018
 
Riley took valentines to school and they had a little party. She came home with this robot bag and I guess the robots name was Riley too. What a coincidence, and its best friend is her! It also likes dancing and candy, Haha!

Our tradition at home every year is to make heart shaped pizza and a giant heart shaped cookie (the cookie pan survived me cleaning out the house). This year I formed three little hearts so the kids could each decorate their own little pizzas. I typically just make 2 big ones, this was fun though.










Playing at Home!




 It is so fun when Riley makes pictures like this. I took a picture of her too because it is the same outfit.


Building a snowman

    Its name was also Riley and then she built a smaller version so it wouldn't be lonely when she went inside later.









I made little pots out of newspaper to plants seed in(in February) as a way to look forward to spring. The newspaper grew mold and the seeds didn't sprout so I tossed it but they had fun doing it.










 Easter








 Art Gallery

 I am not sure if you can tell but I think this one was a cat
 She made a picture frame here

 These pictures of the people in many colors just make me happy

 This one is the kids in, "The Cat In The Hat", book telling the Mom about their day.
 The next 2 are drawings of, "The Three Billy Goats Gruff". Riley really likes that story right now.

That was a lot of pictures. Thanks, if you made it to the end!

We have been sick a lot this winter and are ready to start a new season. It was beautiful out yesterday and we spent a lot of time outside. It was nice to feel the sun and see the kids enjoying the yard.  I think August has another cold today though,.... so we will see how he progresses. Hopefully it will just be a short one and not one that makes us pull some all nighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment