Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Riley's 6th Birthday Party

    Wow this amazing little girl is going to turn 6 soon! Riley's birthday is not until May 3 but we had the party early so everyone could attend.  This year she wanted to have tacos, and I planned the rest of the menu with her help. She decided on chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting. They turned out great! She helped to decorate the house in preparation for party day. This girl loves to fancy things up!

     She has been loving school so far, it is almost over. She has exceeded expectations in math and reading so far, which is great.  Her favorite thing to do at school is to create art and check out a library book each week. She is making friends and is very softhearted. I love that she is kind and observant of other peoples feelings. She is full of energy and wants to be a faster runner, so she keeps practicing.  She has been drawing pictures and I have been sewing little beds and accessories for her dolls.

   I had structured the week leading up to the party so that on Friday I could just do a few things in the morning and have the rest of the day to relax with the kids and do a quick vacuum Sat morning.  That is pretend world though, the one that I can control. In the real world on Friday morning I noticed that Nora has some hard gunk in her ear and I make some quick mom calculations. She didn't sleep well Thursday night and has been fussy for the last 2 evenings while I am busy making dinner(not too out of the norm on its own until coupled with the other symptoms). I made an appointment, they were behind so it took a while. That's okay, I understand. Its a Friday and everyone comes in before the weekend. Turns out Nora did have an ear infection and it ruptured and that is what I found. She looked at August's ears too and both were very infected. Yikes, no fever or complaining about ear pain. Okay. Next, on to the pharmacy. Check. Now to get the sick kids a quick nap before picking up Riley from school. I am exhausted and have burnt through all my energy but I still need to bake and frost the cupcakes. This is just how life goes sometimes and that is okay. I didn't get the relaxing evening off that I dreamed of but if I hadn't planned to have most things done than I would have had to cut back or just had a lot more work to do. Keenan helped me out by taking care of a mountain of dishes for me. Today Nora and August are both healing up well. They are on antibiotics and Nora also has some drops for her ear.

Riley had a great time at her party! She loved playing with her cousins and has been enjoying all of her gifts. Thank you so much for coming for her special day.












No comments:

Post a Comment