Monday, January 22, 2018

Kyla's 4th Birthday

         Jan, 16 2018 marks 4 years since we got to meet our darling 2nd daughter. It is also the date that we had to try to say goodbye.  It was excruciating to leave that hospital without her and I wish I could hold her again.  We all love Kyla and think of her often and how our life changed that January. I think about how I should be enrolling her into preschool right now for the fall.  What would her favorite food be? Would she be taller than Riley?

       I have 4 kids and I am heartbroken that I cannot give Kyla a kiss at night or teach her the alphabet, like I get to with the others. Just writing this is killing me but it is also a way that I get to be her voice because I don't want her to be forgotten. I like talking and sharing about all of my kids.
 
    Each year we release balloons as a way of celebrating and remembering her.  This year August picked 2 and Riley picked 2. I inflated them and Riley, August and Nora were really excited. We released them on a weekend so we could all be there. Nora is sick so she was napping during the pictures.

             We Love you Kyla
       









I have heard Riley talking to August and I think that she thinks that Kyla really gets the balloons. 












   


    This past week Keenan and I also learned we have influenza A so it was an exhausting one. I came down with it late Monday afternoon in the forms of chills and Keenan the next day. I couldn't figure out why I just wanted to sit down when I was supposed to be making dinner. On Wednesday morning I made an appointment and Keenan and I went together, yup, Influenza A. Great.  I was worried about the kids getting it. They had all received their flu shots but could still get it. Thursday evening Nora had a cough and a high fever by Friday afternoon so I took her to the Dr. and started her on Tamiflu. She does not approve of the medicine but is doing better. Yesterday, Sunday, she didn't have a fever so I am just keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't get any of those scary secondary infections everyone is talking about.  She is so exhausted and has been taking an extra nap lately.
    For the most part Keenan and I are feeling better but the fatigue that comes with the flu could last for a month. I realize that every time I have to mop or cook dinner.  I am not running at full speed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment