Thursday, January 11, 2018

August is 3!

August's 3rd Birthday Party- Jan, 6 2018

I know I say it every year, but wow. 3 really. He is still my baby so I am sure this isn't right. 




    While August still lets me hold him like a baby sometimes and gives the best hugs, I guess he is growing up. If I were to put him in that basket now I am sure that it would break! I love all of my kids and I love the uniqueness in each personality.  August is so warm and snugly but he is also not a morning guy. He takes a while to wake up in the morning and if you try to rush him, he just ends up crying. In the morning or after nap, instead of greeting him then immediately telling him to go to the bathroom or issuing what I need him to do, I ask for a hug and tell him I love him. Then after a minute or so of snuggling he is much more happy to start the day, he just needs more time.  
    I enjoy listening to August play, when he does not know that I am there. He can role play with his toys for hours, it is fun to listen to the elaborate story lines that he invents.  He loves his little people, his cars, stuffed animals, and can make a fun world with any of them.  He also loves to sing and read. I cannot typically get him to sing with me in the car, but again, when he is just playing I hear him sing all the time, so I know he is listening.  He will also sit down with a book and read as many parts that he can remember and make up the rest!
   August has such a sweet tooth and loves any treats.  His favorites are Kit Kats but he has been loving having leftover birthday cupcakes around. Although yesterday I went outside to check on Quinn (Outdoor cat) and he was under the kitchen table eating one. Oops. I was trying to check things off my list and probably shouldn't have left the room during lunch. Guess he didn't think I would find him in that hiding place or notice that he didn't actually finish his soup. "Sighs", oh August.
    Oh, after sledding at Grandma and Papas at Christmas August learned a new word,  amazing. He is still telling me, " Mommy, sledding was amazing". After he came inside that day he said it over and over! He was over the moon about going sledding. We didn't really get much snow last year and he was a baby before that. He has also been requesting that I put the Christmas tree back up and doesn't seem to understand why I am so stuck on waiting until next December.
  I am sure that there are many other stories that I cannot think of right now but I love this boy so much and can't wait to see what he is going to come up with next! May this next year slow down a bit.











































Riley's Art Corner

The first 2 were something that Riley made as a Christmas gift to Aunt Stacy! I thought it was so sweet. I was painting a new decoration that looked like a wreath for Stacy and Riley put her own spin on it and used more colors because that's how she would have made it.



 Riley was also helping to make Christmas decorations for the house! She made a few cupcake ornaments too but those may have gotten ripped up by the baby.

The next two pages were stapled together. It is a storyline she brought home in her backpack. It Says" I wint to Grama and Papas Haos". The next page is a picture of the haos( house). The bottom picture is of the back of the house, the deck on top is all of the vertical line and the sliding door on the bottom. She has been sounding out words and writing daily.  It is fun to see the progress!


This one is of Grandma Nancy's house. The left window has a table and chairs like you can see through her big kitchen window and the right window is a drawing of a couch. Cute!

Giraffe( I have been told that the other eye is on the other side)
Frog on a lily pad



Gift 
Snowman















This is a Halloween house with a bunch of decorations
Some of her classmates names


Mommy in a blue striped shirt that I wear often

Rainbow
a very colorful " I love you mommy and daddy"

    
Bus     
Our van

School was cancelled today so I am going to go and watch a movie with the kids and not leave the house today!

No comments:

Post a Comment