Friday, January 2, 2015

Gehman Christmas and other news

Riley Christmas Pictures








My silly girl didn't want to pose for a picture this year so I just went with it and captured her all over the place personality. She wanted to open the presents but settled for trying to swap the gift tags around.


Grandma and Riley reading

Gehman Christmas

This year Riley was finally old enough to do the Christmas tradition that I loved best as a child. Every December my mom would make gingerbread houses for my sister and I and we would have so much fun decorating our masterpieces. They would then be part of the Christmas Decorations for that year.  I didn't have my mom's cast iron mold but I did cut out a pattern which worked well, I will know what to do next year.  The girls really seemed to enjoy the fun and messy task, Piper especially loved eating the candy.





 

This year we couldn't travel for Christmas so everyone came to us. It was kind and fun to have everyone at our house this year. It made for a quicker holiday but no less meaningful. The girls had a lot of fun playing together, its amazing how much they have all grown. As usual we all worked together to get the food and table ready, the living space was under a constant reconstruction to make the space work for whatever we were doing at the time. Stocking were enjoyed, presents were shared and cards were played (by some).  Thank you to everyone for the effort it took to put this all together this year. I love you all!
The traditional breakfast coffeecake


























Baby news

I am currently 38 weeks and 2 days. The baby seems to be doing well. He/she is passing the NST's and appears to be growing normally. I had an appointment today and we have decided to go ahead and induce labor on Wed, Jan 7 at 6:30 am. Dawn is one of the midwives that I see and she said she would be there.  She said that I am 3 cm dilated and that they would first try to break my water to try to start labor but if they couldn't do that they would start me on pitocin and try again as my cervix was really high when she checked. Hopefully everything goes well and Keenan and I get to meet our newest baby soon. I am excited to hold him/her and see his/her face for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment