Thursday, December 30, 2021

Homeschool


 This is Riley's history notebook. I got this notebook, to go with history, with her in mind and she loves it and even adds her own content to it. It was fun to see her dive deep into the ancient Egypt information. August has one also but he isn't as into it so I am not having him do as much so it doesn't take away from him wanting to learn history.

 



Sometimes math is just easier in a quiet room in a comfy bed.

Nora loves playing with her lego set!


Practicing phonics together and using the I pad to make the words and discuss where you split the syllables.

 

Riley's Super secret notebook. It was an optional add on to go with Language arts. She doesn't work on it every week but I think she enjoys the creativity and new ideas. She especially loves it when we take on a project together.

 

Tasty Geography. I have taken pictures of some of the meals.




Shepherds Pie: Ireland

Beef Pie and colcannon potatoes: Ireland


Cheesy Spaetzle: Germany( we originally did it with a mushroom sauce and had to try again with cheese!)

Spanish chicken and rice: Spain

We also had a tapas night! I loved the manchengo stuffed bacon wrapped dates! 

We also had a chorizo and white been salad that I would eat again.

 

Nature Drawing in the park 

We went to Moore park to play on the playground, check out the pond and walk through their prairie and wooded area. I love it because it is so close but offers a lot of diversity. I had the sketch books in the bag and a hawk sitting very close on the roof above a picnic table made for the perfect chance to use them!

Riley's drawing of a hawk

My sketch of a hawk

Construction in front of the house

Riley drew this and I think it is awesome!

Pottery Making: After studying Mesopotamia and the Indus Valley we had fun making pottery. They decorated it any way they wanted.


Augusts has a man with a sword and shield


Riley made a diamond and rainbow pattern




I like the blue rim on Noras


Glow in the dark paint while talking about light and color in science




 

Punky is great to have around for a snuggle time!




No comments:

Post a Comment