Thursday, December 20, 2018

So Much Sugar!

Gingerbread Houses


It is that time of year again, the time for my favorite tradition. Gingerbread houses! This year I tried out something new. I used a GF buckwheat graham cracker recipe to construct the houses and scaled them down in size. It turned out great and held together well with the frosting. The kids had a great time with a rare candy free for all while decorating. Nora got to decorate a cookie this year instead but she still had a great time and may have eaten more than the other kids and had to be stopped!

This is Riley's finished house


This is August's finished house

Sugar Cookies

This has been a year for learning new recipes! I tried the chewy sugar cookie recipe in my cookbook and they taste amazing! I didn't do cut outs and just kept it simple. They looked pretty rolled in colored sugars and I left some plain to be frosted by the kids.
 

Riley's Art

Riley came home with a surprise bag that she could not wait to show us! She has been talking about art class a lot and getting to work with clay(I think these are made out of model magic). She had planned out in great detail how she was going to shape hers and paint them. The one on the left is a heart. The one on the right is a pinch pot with handles on each side and the toothpicks are supposed to be candles. I love getting surprises!

Keenan has been home this week and it has been fun for Riley to have her Dad walk her to school everyday. I have also been enjoying getting extra time with him! We went on a drive last night to look at the Christmas lights, the kids loved it. There were a lot of people who had big displays right in our own neighborhood.  We also went up to Gilbert to see a house that has an elaborate display that is coordinated to music on a radio station. 


No comments:

Post a Comment