Friday, July 7, 2017

Its a Surprise

June 12, 2017
Boone Surprise Train Ride!

      Grandma Nancy came up with an idea for an adventure for the kids.  Surprises are so fun so I managed to pack for the outing but they didn't know where we were going. They knew that it would be after lunch and that it would be hot but nothing else. They were so excited! When we were pulling into Boone, Riley asks, "Mom are we going on a train".  I don't know how she knew other than kids are very sharp and have excellent memories but she had found me out before we arrived at the station. I fumbled, "Train?  What makes you say that?". 
      Once at the station I put Nora in the ergo baby carrier (Its my lifesaver when it comes to taking all of them somewhere crowded,gotta have a system). Put my carefully packed backpack on (equipped with train hats, water, snacks and a spray bottle for keeping cool as the train is not air conditioned and it was over 90 degrees out) and walked them in.  They were jumping up and down when we joined their cousins inside!
     They were all so excited just seeing the enormity of the train they were about to get on.  We were in a train car that was built in 1927 with rounded vault ceilings that used to transport passengers to an from the Chicago area.





Yes. My kids are dancing!


Thank you Grandma Nancy

 

2 comments: