Saturday, June 29, 2013

Visiting Indiana and Other Stuff!

Indiana 
~Road Trip 2013~ 

      After Keenan and I arrived late to Marion the night before the trip, I hoped that wouldn't set the tone for the rest of the vacation. The following morning everyone was in good spirits.  We were all up, showered and ready to leave almost on time.  Mickey and Minnie were well organized, which made for a lovely trip.  I was happy at how well all of the kids did on the ride. I was also shocked because it didn't feel like I was in the car for 8 hours - but I was in Minnie, the chatty car.  It was nice to be welcomed by so many people and to get to see where Jim and Marge live. I really enjoyed getting to swim in the pool and to watch Riley experience that for the first time. She looked tired but really seemed to enjoy all the people and the splashing. 
       Side note - Riley is at my feet right now and she is carrying her blanket around and dropping it to lay down on. I have never seen her do that before. She is also improving on learning body parts. She can point out her nose and ear now.
 





The zoo was a really great place to visit and had a lot of fun exhibits. I really enjoyed seeing the giraffes and watching the otters.  The sea lions had a lot of attitude about getting their reward for the tricks they were performing which of course made them all the more entertaining.




 Family Photo Shoot








We all made it back in one piece. Thank you to Jim and Marge for hosting us and to everyone who helped to organize it.









This is Riley the Tuesday after the trip learning to color with Grandma.










  
Spaghetti Night

There is just something funny about a kid covered in spaghetti! I really enjoy seeing how the boys have changed each week. I can't believe Pete and Dawn are going to have a 2 year old soon. That's amazing!


 



A Lazy Saturday Morning




I love the mornings where we don't have anywhere to be, so naturally I made scones. These are raspberry, blueberry with lemon zest and just a little white chocolate. I was going to make just raspberry scones but turns out I didn't have enough of them. Riley loved hers! They are so fun and so easy, someday she will be helping me to make them. Can you see the blueberry smudges on her forehead. Haha. I keep trying to teach her to keep her hands down but it just hasn't stuck.









1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! It's hard to believe it was only a 5 day vacation because it was so great that it seemed longer than that. :) Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete