Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer fun!

Pipers 1st Birthday Party

It was a lot of fun visiting Maquoketa for the first time and getting to visit for such a special occasion.  It just made me wish that Keenan and I were closer to the rest of the family because I would love to spend time with Kristen on a regular basis.  Shes just so crafty! Its fun to see how creative she is and swap ideas, I always learn something new.  The Indiana trip is coming soon and I am excited to see everyone again and just trying to prepare for it.  Riley got a practice run with the wedding we went to last weekend. That was a five hour drive and she did pretty well but she did have a whole back seat free of distractions and that will not be the case for the next trip. 











 Just goofing around at home


 We enjoyed a fire the other night and did the traditional hot dogs and smores. It's one of the great things about summer. Riley and I play outside a lot and the ground is still so moist that she always ends up covered in dirt and sometimes eats some of it too. Haha.  Good thing I have a lot of stain remover in the house. I am really enjoying the flowers that are blooming right now. The peonys smell amazing and are really beautiful

 Since Keenan's Birthday is when we leave for Indiana I went ahead and made cupcakes early.  Tried another new frosting. Yum! Same cake and filling as Riley's party but with a raspberry swiss meringue buttercream.  Took them to Peter and Dawns last night and Pete tried to eat half the pan and ended up in a sugar coma for the rest of the night. Guess we will just have to monitor his intake next time. Haha
Bye everyone. Really excited to see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Dad and I are looking forward to having the whole family together! Look out Indiana. . . here we come! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting excited to see everyone as well! Only a few more days :)

    ReplyDelete