Monday, June 17, 2019

Spring 2019

Riley's 7th Birthday Party
April 27











Riley's 7th Birthday
May 3rd

This year my baby turned 7! She loves to create art, help in the garden, read, and swim. She is an excellent big sister and I love getting quiet moments with just her. She is a very thoughtful and caring person. I can't wait to see what the next year brings!
 


Mothers Day

Riley made this lovely Mothers Day card this year. I love the care and thought she put into the drawing and the writing!
 






Quinny Died
May 15

On the evening of May 15, Quinny died unexpectedly. I was heartbroken and shocked. I found him when I went to put him back in his cage, before getting the kids ready for bed. ISU performed a necropsy and discovered that he went into congestive heart failure and had pulmonary edema.  All of this after getting a healthy report from the vet in February. The Dr at ISU told me that cats are really good at hiding their pain. 

I will miss having him as a friend for the kids to play with in the backyard(He was so patient with them), to follow me around when I gardened, and to sit on my lap. He was a very affectionate cat and liked to lick my nose for some reason. He was also an excellent hunter!



 Riley's Last Day of 1st Grade
May31

 Riley is an excellent listener and loved her teacher. She had a great year and improved so much in writing and math throughout the year. I am really proud of all of the work that she put in! She is also enjoying reading at a whole new level and likes to read to her siblings. Yes, Punky often looks that disgusted at me when we go outside and she can only sit in the windowsill.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment