Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Last Day Of Kindergarten

Riley's Last Day As A Kindergartner: May 31, 2018

She is really excited for Summer break but says that she will miss her teacher. I got a few pictures of her in the garden this morning.  She has really grown and learned a lot this year. She is a great friend and big sister. She loves to read, cook and make art out of anything she can find. We love this girl!













This is Riley on her first day of Kindergarten
Tea party

Riley had been asking to have a tea party for a while so we put one together quickly for a nice lunch. Riley set the table with plates, cups, and a tablecloth.  I made some pink lemonade and put it in a little tea pot for them to have fun pouring out for themselves. I used a three tiered tray that I had and put simple sandwiches cut into triangles on the bottom, the middle had sliced veggies and fruit, and the top had some mini muffins that I had in the freezer. This was really very easy and the kids had a lot of fun eating lunch, I think we will do this again!  I felt bad for Keenan who was the one out cleaning and sanding the deck to get it ready to stain, the new portion looks really nice by the way.  He had a sandwich too.







Stone Soup 

This activity is both really cute and really gross. My kids like to re-enact the story from stone soup by collecting things from the backyard and putting them into the water table and stirring it all up with sticks. It is a really great story and they play really well together but the concoction is pretty yucky looking. 





Riley's Creations
There is no doubt about it. Riley is a maker of things! She loves to create houses for her toys, jewelry, drawings, paintings, etc.  These are some of her latest. She made a purse out of paper, tape and a ribbon for the handle. She also has some art related to getting to watch some chickens hatch at school. She has been making so many drawings of her swimming in Grandma and Papa's pool.  I think I know what is on her mind. SUMMER!!






I had lunch with Riley at school while my Mom was visiting. She was over the moon about it and made this card for me.




 
This is the purse she made

No comments:

Post a Comment